Chocolate Almond Kisses Cookies – from Cooking with Trader Joe’s
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped, or use chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 ¼ cups almond meal or finely ground almonds
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla or 1/2 vanilla bean
- ¼ tsp. almond extract (essential)
- ½ cup powdered sugar, sifted (optional)
1. Melt chocolate and butter in microwave or in a double boiler, stirring until smooth. Add almonds and stir until combined.
2. Using an electric mixer or whisk, beat eggs, sugar, vanilla, and almond extract until light and fluffy. Add chocolate mixture and fold in thoroughly. Chill for at least 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two 18×12-inch baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat nonstick mats.
4. Form dough into 1-inch balls and roll them in powdered sugar. Place 2 inches apart on prepared pans. Work quickly so the dough remains cold.
5. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Cookies will puff slightly and the surface will crack. Cool on pans. Store in a tightly closed container up to 1 week.