For anyone cutting out or back on wheat or gluten, these tasty morsels are easy, chock full of healthy fats and fat soluble vitamins, and delicious to boot. Sweeten to taste and feel free to experiment with different fruits (banana nut, strawberry, raspberry?). Thanks to one of my favorite Real Food bloggers, Cheeseslave (don’t you love the name?) for another great recipe! I doubled it because I didn’t want to go to all that work for just six muffins. : )
Eggs, pastured (3)
Butter, grass-fed (2 TBS)
Coconut milk or whole milk — I used whole raw grass-fed milk (2 TBS) — where to buy milk,where to buy coconut milk
Honey, raw honey if possible — (2-3 TBS, or to taste) where to buy honey
8 ounces organic fresh or frozen blueberries (3 TBS) — please do not use conventional blueberries — it’s important that they are organic*
Sea salt (1/4 tsp) — where to buy sea salt
Vanilla, organic, additive-free (1/4 tsp)
Coconut flour (1/4 cup) — where to buy coconut flour
Baking powder ** (1/4 tsp)
1. Blend together eggs, butter, coconut milk, honey, salt, and vanilla.
2. Combine coconut flour with baking powder and thoroughly mix into batter until there are no lumps.
3. Drain blueberries and dry with paper towels. Add to batter with a spoon and mix carefully.
4. Pour batter into muffin cups. Bake at 400 degrees F (205 C) for 15 minutes.
* If you can’t find organic blueberries, I would use banana or some other fruit instead. It is important to buy organic berries.