I very rarely in my life have said, “Mmmm…fish!” Fish has always just been “all right” to me. But if you’re looking for another way to cook boring white fish without frying, this is a good one.
1. Combine the butter and pesto. You need real butter for this, not margarine. Don’t go crazy though—I never take the main course past 2 tsp butter (or oil) per person, preferably less.
2. Place the cod in an oven dish and generously season it with salt and pepper. 3. Brush the fish with the pesto butter but reserve a little.
4. Thinly slice the tomatoes and place them on top of the fish. Brush the remaining pesto butter on top of the tomatoes.
5. Pour in good-quality dry white wine.
6. Place the dish in a preheated oven and bake at 350℉ (175C) for 20 minutes. The wine, pesto butter and fish juices will mingle. Delicious.