Shauna from our Facebook community shared her recipe for onion rings.
- A big sweet onion (they have beautiful big sweet onions at Trader Jo’s right now)
- Breadcrumbs (just cover a plate with them)
- Milk – 1 cup
- Grated Parmesan reggiano (as much as you like)
- Flour (about a cup or so)
- Italian seasoning (any that you like, oregano will do)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix bread crumbs with cheese and Italian seasonings in a shallow dish.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non stick spray.
- Cut your big sweet onion into rings.
- Dredge each ring in flour one ring at a time and lay on cookie sheet.
- Put the cookie sheet in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Then dip each ring into the milk and then dip them into your bread crumb, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese mix.
- Lay them back on the cookie sheet and cook for about 30 minutes.