Rhubarb Custard Pie
This recipe comes from my mom, a.k.a. Expert Pie Maker. I’ve had a lot of experience eating this pie as a kid and I can assure you it is a winner! Thanks, Mom!
- 9″ pie shell
- 3 – 3 1/2 cups fresh rhubarb, diced
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup Carnation milk
- dash of salt
- Sprinkle 1 Tbs flour in bottom of unbaked pastry shell.
- Put rhubarb in bottom of pie.
- In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, eggs, milk, salt.
- Pour over rhubarb.
- Bake 375 degrees for approx 1 hr or until set.