Roasted Chickpea Tacos
A big thank you to Jennifer from our Facebook community for sharing this awesome recipe for chickpea tacos from the blog Peas and Thank You!
- 2 t. chili powder
- 1/4 t. garlic powder
- 1/4 t. onion powder
- 1/4 t. dried oregano
- 1 1/2 t. ground cumin
- 1 t. sea salt
- 1 T. lime juice
- 2 T. water
- One 14 oz. can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 8 organic taco shells (i.e. Trader Joe’s brand)
- Taco trimmings: shredded cabbage, tomato, guacamole, non-dairy (i.e. Daiya) or organic cheese, etc.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, combine chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, cumin, salt, lime juice and water.
- Add chickpeas and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Place chickpeas on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, stirring once during cooking, until chickpeas are slightly crispy.
- Prepare taco shells according to package directions. Fill with chickpeas and desired toppings.