THE absolute best way to eat a poor, sweet sheep. The recipe comes from Ethan Becker (grandson of Irma S. Rombauer, the original author of The Joy of Cooking) which was listed in the 2007 Costco cookbook, where you can find the racks at a decent price. If you make this, no need for napkins, you will find yourself licking your fingers! Perfect for a special occasion or for guests who like lamb. If I ever had to choose a “last meal,” this would be it.
Roasted Rack of Lamb with Moroccan Spices
1. Place all ingredients in small bowl and stir to make paste.
2. If necessary, trim the lamb, leaving a thin layer of fat on the surface. (I didn’t do this)
3. Rub paste all over the surface of the meat. Refrigerate for 30-60 min.
4. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
5. Set the lamb, bone side down, in a roasting pan and place in the oven, 20 to 25 minutes. (I did 20, but depending on the thickness of the rack and your doneness preference, it could take a bit longer)
6. Remove lamb from the oven, cover loosely with aluminum foil and let stand for 5-10 minutes. (I did ten)
7. Cut between bones and serve.