A big thank you to Shauna from our Facebook community for sharing one of her favorite taco recipes from the Amen Clinic!
4 servings, 218 calories, 4 brainboosters
*optional, 1/2 tsp jalapeno, minced (with seeds makes salad spicier; removing seeds makes it milder), 1/2 package organic taco seasoning
1. In advance, use whole, large romaine leaves to line a large platter. Set aside
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, shallots, and jalapeno if desired. Saute for about 1 minute.
3. Add Boca burgers and break apart into crumbles with spatula or spoon. Stir and saute until burgers are lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle mixture with taco seasoning if desired, and add a tbsp or two of water if necessary, but not too much water. You may not need the taco seasoning depending on the flavor of Boca burger you choose. Many of them are already flavored.
4. Add red bell peppers, jicama, tomatillo, and tomatoes. Stir until lightly warmed.
5. Take off heat. Stir in cilantro and salt.
6. Dish salad mix into the lettuce shells. Top with avocado and sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
7. Use fresh salsa as a dressing.
BRAIN BOOSTERS: red bell pepper, tomatoes, avocado, garlic
NUTRITION: 218 calories, 18 g carbohydrates, 3g saturated fat, 573 mg sodium, 11g protein, 14 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 9g fiber