Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Basil Soup
A big thank you to Jackie from our Facebook community for sharing this tasty soup recipe from PaleOMG!
- 2 sweet potatoes or yams, diced
- ½ yellow onion, sliced
- 1 (14oz) can of coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients in the crockpot.
- Mix around.
- Cook for 3 hours on high.
- Use a hand blender, blender, or food processor and puree mixture until smooth. My 9 cup food processor fit it all just perfectly.
- Eat up! If you have leftover meat, add it to your soup…obviously.