Taking Care of Your Cast Iron Pans…
Courtesy of Mark Brown, our Facebook friend, Chef and administrator of his own Facebook group, The Fun in Being a Foodie!
- Boil vinegar in the pan, pour it out.
- Add 2 T salt.
- Cut a russet potato in half cross ways and scrub the salt in using the potato.
- Rinse and rub your fingers over to feel for any gunk spots and repeat if needed.
- Then wipe with veggie or canola oil, place in a 375 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Wipe and heat 2 more tines.
- Turn the oven off and let the pans cool in it for 1 hour.
- Wipe with oil.
- After use, rinse in warm water and wipe with a cloth.
- Place on a medium burner for 3 minutes to dry, then lightly wipe with oil.This will remove rust and gunk,it just takes a little patience.