Thai Butternut Squash Soup (Paleo)
A great big thank you to Jackie from our Facebook community for sharing this wonderful recipe from Paleopot! Check out this web address for more flavor variations on this recipe.
- 1 large butternut squash (about 6 cups cubed)
- 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 heaping tbsp of red curry paste
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1″ piece of ginger, grated
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Cooked on low heat for 4 to 6 hours.
- Blend or puree when cooking is finished. That’s it. An immersion blender is ideal for this. If you don’t have one, let your mix cool before transferring it to a blender or food processor.
- Garnish with anything from cinnamon and nutmeg, to curry powder, pumpkin seeds, and of course bacon.