Two Bean Beef Chili (Slow Cooker)
A great big thank you to Heather from our Facebook community for sharing this easy and delicious chili recipe from Bean There Ate That. Great for feeding a crowd!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cans precooked beans of choice, drained
- 3 to 4 cans diced canned tomatoes with liquid (or plain tomato sauce, or mixture of both)
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Cumin to taste, approx. 2 teaspoons or to taste
- Chili powder to taste (approx. 1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon sugar, optional
- Garlic powder to taste
- Garlic salt, optional
- Cayenne pepper, approx. 1/2 teaspoon or to taste
- In nonstick skillet, cook onions in olive oil until softened; add to crock pot. *Important to cook down onions before adding in tomatoes which could hamper cooking.
- Add in all other ingredients, break beef up with spoon; cook on medium-high for 4-6 hours or until beef is cooked thoroughly. Stir every so often.